Saturday, April 02, 2005

Bill Hicks: Agent of Revolution

I was out yesterday and I found this book on Bill Hicks by his close friend Kevin Booth. I am a great fan of his, but I had no idea about this book and so I bought it, a hardback book for £15.99, no problem, I thought I had done well with it being a promo offer at Borders in Oxford Circus, who have Booth over on the 19th April at 6.30pm talking about the book and Hicks.

Well guess what at Amazon, I found the following

Bill Hicks: Agent of Revolution

Talk about feeling stupid, could have saved more money.

I haven't had the chance to read the book yet, though I am really looking forward to doing so. Maybe I can get lucky and get Booth to sign it as well on the 19th April, mmm, lets see.

I also saw on Amazon the following

One Consciousness: An Analysis of Bill Hicks' Comedy

I think I will be getting this book as well. I already have two books on Bill, American Scream and Love all the People.

If you never had the chance to get to hear Bill's stuff, try and find his audio CDs that were done, they will give you an idea of the man, who was unfortunate to die from cancer at 32, the same age I am. Poor bloke, I think the world lost a great mind when he died and there exists a void where he once stood.

No comments: