Friday, August 05, 2005

More NHS joy

This will make a lot of people laugh I am sure of it. I had an appointment with the NHS for new hearing aids this week, when I turned up, the person seeing me wasn’t sure why I was there, it took a conversation with me to explain I was due to be fitted with new aids, and then the conversation took a great turn, I think not. They then decided not to fit me with the ones that they were supposed to, but fit me with ones that were newer and supposedly better suited to my loss, but the catch was, they couldn’t do it that day, because they didn’t have the stock that day, but will in a couple of weeks, so I have to go back another day. Right, how hard would have this been to call me, find out exactly was meant to be done, save me a trip across town, trying to get through a police blockade at Kings Cross because of a fire on a bus, to tell me that come back another day. Someone else could have had the appointment or time could have been saved for myself and the audiologist. Go figure, and why does the NHS have last appointments at 4pm and start at 9.30 at most places, do they not think most people work, and getting time off work isn’t the easiest thing to do, and especially for those of us, who need regular appointments for aids, ears, etc, and having a busted wrist doesn’t help.

No comments: