Thursday, August 18, 2005

Follow up on the NHS complaint to Northwick Park Hospital

Shock and horror, I actually got a response to my email I sent them on Tuesday, which surprised me no end. Not a full response, but to say that they are looking into it. It is below.

Dear xxxxxx

Thank you very much for your e-mail. I was very sorry to learn that you haven encountered such problems with your referral and I have passed your concerns on to xxxxxx, General Manager for our Cardiology department in order that they can investigate these issues. Please note that we aim to respond to complaints within 20 working days of receipt and as soon and as soon as our investigation has been completed our Chief Executive, xxxxxxxx, will respond to you.

You can of course write to xxxxxxx at the following address:

Level 5
Admin Block
Northwick Park Hospital
Harrow
Middlesex
HA1 3UJ


In addition, you are most welcome to contact the Complaints department on telephone number xxx xxxx xxxx or if you would prefer independent advice you may contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) on xxxx xxx xxxx.

I hope this is of some help. I am very sorry that your experience of Northwick Park Hospital was not a good one but I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us as patient feedback is most helpful to us in the improvement of our services.

Yours sincerely

Xxxxxxxx


Well I have to say it stunned me, I never expected to get this and I have to say I am happy that at least it is in the pipeline. I will of course be fair and give them the 20 working days from today, which means if I haven’t heard by the 19th September, then I am going to be back at their door giving them what for.

I have to admit, I can’t imagine what they can say that will appease my frustration and anger, but I have to I suppose give them the chance to respond.

This will continue to be ongoing, watch out for more reports.

No comments: