Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Feedmap

I found out about this by a friend of mine and when he reads this, he will know who he is, so thanks for this, very useful.

To give you an idea of what it is, Feedmap provides a location based search of blogs.

Welcome to BlogMap - a place where blogs meet maps and location!

Using BlogMap you can geo-code your blog, browse already geo-coded blogs and search for blogs. Once geo-coded, you can get your own BlogMap location using a simple url!

Here is a list of things you can do with BlogMap:

Geo-code your blog feed using the submit page (and get your own BlogMap badge).
Browse blogs by location using the browse page.
Search for local blogs using the search page.
Find bloggers in your neighborhood!
Get local BlogRoll in OPML format.

I as you can see have added my blogmap to the sidebar, tried to post it in this entry but it won't allow me, which is a shame, so it has to be on the side, have a look at it, apparently I am near 41 others, though none in the very near area, mostly london which I expect.

Have a look at it, I think it is great to know the locations of others around

It would also seem that Multimap are showing geotagged blogs, this I found out from other sites today. This site explains it is better - Geotagged blogs on Multimap

They take the information from geotagged blogs which ping Weblogs.com, so as long as you ping that site whenever you update, the likelihood is that Multimap will find you and put you on the map.

So now I have added at is says and if anyone searches the area where I live, I should show up!!

Speakers Corner - London

No comments: