Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentines Day

Happy Valentine’s Day to all.

Yep, today is Valentines for those who haven’t seen all the store signs and all the information being pushed on to us, to make sure we don’t forget. So I hope there isn’t anyone who forgot, because if so, you best run and hide now, cause there are no excuses.

This year I am not doing anything, because I have no one to celebrate Valentines with, a little more ahhh at the back please :o)).

I for one will be glad to see the back of it, whilst it is a nice idea that you should tell the one you love, that you love them and do something for them, it shouldn’t just be a single day a year, and you should be doing it all year round. Though I have to admit I have in the past been a little extravagant, and gone out of my way to the make the one I love, be sure that I love them.

For example last year, I sent a 3ft card parcelforce, cause the royal mail said it was too big to be normal mail, and this was sent airmail to the lady of my life at the time, that along with a lovely bunch of red roses and some lingerie which all went down a treat, as well as the shock of a 3ft card turning up.

Other times, it was a case of going to the Ritz, it was a surprise and it was for her, as well as doing other things associated with that. A beautiful memory that is, more happened, but I don’t need to explain it.

Last year, I was the recipient of a bunch of red roses myself, really dark red roses, I was stunned, and so touched, never been given flowers myself, so that will definitely stick in the memory as a really lovely touch.

I have had some wonderful Valentines, and I think you have to make a little effort to show the one you love, that they are special to you, if not, why are you with them. It doesn’t have to be expensive, it doesn’t have to be over the top, just something that is right for that special someone in your life, and will mean the world to them, and i.e. it shows you know them. Anyway, I enjoyed past Valentines, but this year is to pass by with nothing to show, so for those who have someone special on this day, show them you love them, show them they are the world to you.

For all you lovers out there, enjoy today

1 comment:

Klite said...

oh you are so mean!
you are making hard work for the rest of us !!!!!