Thursday, February 10, 2005

Chuggers

Chuggers, or charity workers asking for money in the high street, those hired by charities to get your money on a regular basis. I have no problem with them, as long as they accept a no where it is given. As someone who has the misfortune to be claiming JSA, one can’t exactly afford to be giving at the moment, so as one goes to sign on, I am dressed as I would if I was going to work, i.e. a suit and overcoat, helps when signing on, less aggro – wonderful tip if you ever have the misfortune to go to a jobcentre, they give respect 9 times out of 10. Anyway, in one little stretch of the street, as I go to sign on, I am stopped 3 times, yes, 3 times by these people in less than 5 minutes. They obviously saw me as a gold mine, dressed in a sharp suit and overcoat. The words, you colleague has already stopped me, goes on deaf ears, and I am the one with deaf ears!!!

No comments: