Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel

I have finally got this album after much messing around from CD-WOW, a week late, thanks a lot for that folks, when you say you are going to send items on the day of release, try and stick to it. Up until now you have always been perfect, this left me very annoyed.

Thankfully I have it.

Here are reviews from elsewhere first before I say my two bits

A la Mode again

Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel

I have found this album to be better and better the more I listen to it. I must say I am not a fan of the imagework for the album, but that isn't that important, though I would have liked something better to the eye, but whatever suits the lads.

The best song personally is Precious, it was right to be released as the single, the first two tracks also for me go well - A Pain That I'm used to, John the Revelator. Damaged People was an interesting track to say the least, Lilian was a very good track as well.

Didn't think much of Macro, Suffer Well.

There really isn't a lot to say, I think this is an album that takes time to get into, I have until April to really get into it, as that is when the concert is, as the newly refurbished Wembley Arena, which I hope they have put decent soundproofing, after all the locals have been complaining about the noise of the music in recent years, well you do choose to live next door to the place.

All I would say on the album, if you know someone with a copy listen to it, if you do like the electro stuff, the likes of Goldfrapp, etc, and see how you get with the album, I think it is good, but not their best one. That still remains for me to be Violator.

No comments: