Monday, October 17, 2005

Black Knight

I suppose this had to be seen to be true. Last week Z wanted to clean the windows on the house, okay I thought fair enough, no problem, what wasn't fully understood was that Z was intending to clean the ones at the top which even with a ladder are a serious stretch even with a pole and a mop. I have quite a high house, so that doesn't help matters.

Z decided that it would be a good idea to try and balance on the ladder and try to reach, sadly Z isn't quite tall enough to do it, so I ended up trying to despite a dodgy wrist and trying to reivse for the exams as well, as I feared Z would end up in A+E with a cracked skull, and me probably being given a ticking off from my mother let alone Z's mother.

Z has a tendancy to be quite fearless in situations like this stretching out to clean a window, Z even decided to climb on the outhouse to clean one of the back windows and this is with the outhouse roof not being in the best state, and not 100% dry either.

Don't get me wrong I am very appreciated of all of Z's effort, very much so, the windows look better, though being a man, not sure I notice these things like Z does. What I was more concerned about, was the thought of taking Z to A+E sitting there for hours on end, due to crap NHS, explaining away to people why I even let Z be so fearless in something that seems to be of little importance. Granted it means a lot to Z, and I understand that, but it just reminds me of the black knight in Monty Python, still trying to take on the knights despite having no arms and legs, and shouting come here, I will bite you. Z has a level of fearlessness like that, nothing will stop Z at all, no heights, no it is difficult to reach, or I might crack my skull on the concrete below, who cares. Seriously, it was me that was panicking more than Z was. Z was like, it is no big deal.

I am the one who is supposed to take care of Z, ensure all is well, ensure that injuries, damage, etc is minimal whilst Z is in London, and all Z can do is put Z in positions which could easily lead to such injuries.

I feel like nominating Z as my own black knight, and let Z take on any intruders, etc, they wouldn't last two seconds with Z I am sure of it. Me I would probably still be asleep not hearing any of the commotion......

No comments: