Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Family do

On Monday I had the pleasure of going out for a family get together, which these days doesn’t happen that often, given that one member of the family is in Malaysia, but he and his lovely wife were over for a few days, so we got together for a nice family meal. It meant that Z was getting to meet the family for the first time.

She was looking so pretty, classy, and made a great impression on my family. I hadn’t seen my brother and his wife in about a year, so we had a lot of catching up to do, and finding out how things are in Malaysia compared to here in London, finding out about a lot of different things, how the rules are very different, more strict in Malaysia in a lot of ways, but also a lot lot lot cheaper to live there. A better standard of living it seems especially for those who are educated, unlike in this country.

The family do went very well, it was a great night, apparently I managed to run the show, which is a bit like when I appeared on TV with the family, and I dominated proceedings then, not intentionally, but it just seems to happen. I am usually a wallflower in most social situations, so I don’t know why.

The best bit of it all, is that Z was very well received by the family, they love her, they think she is a really lovely lady, just perfect for me, which matches my feelings so I am more than happy

No comments: