Sunday, January 08, 2006

Downfall

I was brought this for Christmas. I had expressed an interest in the movie, and had heard such rave reviews for it. Now I have to totally agree with all the reviews, it is an amazing movie, very moving, very dramatic.

Downfall

I am fortunate enough to have the 2 DVD copy, and I haven’t had the chance to watch the extra disc yet, though I am really looking forward to it.

This movie really tackles the last days of Hitler so well, the increasing rages he suffered, the way it looks into his soul, how he thinks of the German people, how he considers them. Bruno Ganz who plays Hitler, does an outstanding job, he is very convincing, really captures the mood, the essence of Hitler.

Z got this for me as a Christmas present and I am so happy she did, it is a movie I will treasure. I have an interest in WW2, I like the history, how it all came together, and the way the Germans were treated, how they feared the Russians, and the plots Hitler saw that didn’t exist, how by the end he was just a shell. A real worthwhile movie, I can see me being asked to lend it to people I know, because it is such a great movie. If you haven’t seen it, then ensure you see it, if you enjoy war movies.

No comments: